[lojban-beginners] Re: Loglan

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 11:51:14PM -0300, Jo?o Ricardo Oliveira wrote:
> Hi! I'm all new to Lojban. I would like to know more about Loglan and
> how it relates to Lojban. I understand they're somewhat like Esperanto
> and Ido. Is that so?

Not really.  Esperanto and Ido are mushings of European languages.
lojban and Loglan were designed from scratch to meet specific scientific
and linguistic purposes.

> How they differ from one another? Is Loglan still being developed?

Loglan is basically dead, and the materials pertaining to it can only be
gotten by purchasing from the Loglan institute or whatever it's called.

Lojban is very much alive, and the materials are freely available.

-Robin

--
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/    ***    I'm a *male* Robin.
.i le pamoi velru'e zo'u crepu le plibu taxfu