[lojban-beginners] Picture dictionary

> On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 10:26:25AM -0600, ?lvaro Vallejo wrote:
> > I need these words because I'm trying to make a picture dictionary. I
> > know this is a big task for a beginner, but that's a way to practice
> > and make at the same time something useful for the Lojban community.
>
> If you have the skills for doing the pictures, I would actually like to
> work with you on something like the Esperanto Autodidakte (sp?), which
> is a picture book designed to teach the language to anyone without using
> any other language.
>
> Such a thing probably can't avoid a certain amount of cultural
> specificity, but is worthwile regardless.

I've been working on a software (available at
http://www.freewebs.com/lojban/learningstuff.htm -> Lojban Tutor), not a
book, using clipart free of royalties, where you can use images to practice
vocabulary, but got out of translations. I don't know the Autodidakte, but
it seems an interesting task, I could help with pictures. I'll try to take a
look to such book (found several places to buy it online but no further
description), and see what could be next.

Álvaro

Este mensaje fue revisado por F-Secure Antivirus for Internet Mail