Re: [lojban] Careful with noi!

la mark cusku di'e

Careful. If I read my Codex Woldemar aright, on page 178 (Section 8.6),
what you have here is a "noi" clause in the "inner" relative clause
position of "lo", which is pretty dangerous.

You're right! I think I never take that into account. I always
use {noi} and {poi} (and {pe}) as if they were "outer" clauses.
It's unfortunate that the most common meaning gets the most
complicated way of expressing it.

You either need the "ku" before the "noi", or better, use a restrictive
relative clause ("poi"), which makes more sense anyway. I gave her a
cherry... which one? One of those that lack stones. And so on.

I'm not sure. My feeling is that {noi} makes more sense:
I gave her a cherry, and what do you know, it had no stone.
Of all the cherries in the world I gave her one, and it so
happens that it had no stone. And not: of all the cherries
with no stone, I gave her one. Maybe I'm being influenced
by the way it is written, on a separate line. But {poi}
makes sense too.

co'o mi'e xorxes