copy of message sent to Zwicky FYI

$ mailx zwicky@csli.stanford.edu
Subject: Lojban and Loglan
I recognized your name on your recent posting re universals.
You are 'noted' in Loglan/Lojban history for your 1969 review of
Brown's Loglan 1, dealing with its failings in linguistic theory.
I believe that Brown has never answered your essay, nor the questions
it raised, nor did anyone else ever do so.
Since we are trying to 'resurrect' some scientific respectibility for the
Loglan project, I was wondering if you, or anyone else you could recommend
might be interested in reviewing our current efforts on the basis of the
issues raised in your 1969 review, and on any others that you think might
be pertinent today.
I think our linguistic sophistication is more up to a defense these days
even if we are not yet at the point of publishing. (Brown republished
Loglan 1 in 1975, and again in 1989, but did not directly address you issues.
He has long indicated an intent to respond, but I think given 20 years
delay, that is a bit too long for a public forum.)
I note, in case you haven;t followed the recent discussion of Lojban, that
we are NOT connected in any way with Brown, and that he has pretty much
rejected cooperation with us.  However, I have excellent sources on both
archival history of the project, and with leaders other than Brown, especially
during the last 15 years.
I hope you might offer suggestions on this issue, or consider reviewing us
yourself if you have time and interest (though I'm sure you have lots of
more important work in progress)

                 2904 Beau Lane Fairfax VA 22031-1303
                 703-385-0273
                 lojbab@snark.thyrsus.com