Re: [lojban] Re: "The beautiful little dancer" in Lojban

You can also work ninmu/nanmu or fetsi/nakni into the the description itself and not use a relative clause as gleki has done below.

See, the thing is, Lojban isn't like German and French and such.  There's no grammatical "gender" in the usual sense.  If you want to say something is male, *say* it's male.  If you want to say it's female, *say* it's female.  Same with number.  In the example below, gleki's translations say "the *one* small-and-beautiful dancer" (that's what "pa" means.)  Without "pa", it would almost surely be understood the same... unless the context made a plural understanding more likely.  Number isn't marked, nor is gender...  Nor is species, even.  If you need to specify the dancer is human, you'll have to say so.  (This isn't actually different than English, though.  Anakin Skywalker and Senator Palpatine were watching Mon Cala "dancers" while they discussed the health-care benefits of the Dark Side.)

I think you won't find the kind of markers you're looking for in Lojban, unless your range is broader than I'm understanding.

~mark