PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS AN OLD VERSION. The current version is linked from The Complete Lojban Language.
Lojban Reference Grammar
This is the final, baselined version
NOTE: this HTML version of the reference grammar still contains a number of minor errors and
a few hundred typos. These have been corrected in the published book.
Jan 10, 1997
- Lojban As We Mangle It In Lojbanistan: About
This Book (chap1.html)
- A Quick Tour of Lojban Grammar, With Diagrams
- The Hills Are Alive With The Sounds Of Lojban
- The Shape Of Words To Come: Lojban Morphology
- "Pretty Little Girls' School":
The Structure Of Lojban selbri (chap5.html)
- To Speak Of Many Things: The Lojban sumti
- Brevity Is The Soul Of Language: Pro-sumti
And Pro-bridi (chap7.html)
- Relative Clauses, Which Make sumti Even
More Complicated (chap8.html)
- To Boston Via The Road Go I, With An Excursion
Into The Land Of Modals (chap9.html)
- Imaginary Journeys: The Lojban Space/Time
Tense System (chap10.html)
- Events, Qualities, Quantities, And Other
Vague Words: On Lojban Abstraction (chap11.html)
- Dog House And White House: Determining
lujvo Place Structures (chap12.html)
- Oooh! Arrgh! Ugh! Yecch! Attitudinal and
Emotional Indicators (chap13.html)
- If Wishes Were Horses: The Lojban Connective
- "No" Problems: On Lojban Negation
- "Who Did You Pass On The Road? Nobody":
Lojban And Logic (chap16.html)
- As Easy As A-B-C? The Lojban Letteral System
And Its Uses (chap17.html)
- lojbau mekso: Mathematical Expressions
in Lojban (chap18.html)
- Putting It All Together: Notes on the Structure
of Lojban Texts (chap19.html)
- A Catalogue of selma'o (chap20.html)
- Formal Grammars (chap21.html)
( 18 - 122kb / chapter )
The entire reference grammar is available as an archive:
- HTML format (hrefgram.zip, 563;
1.6Mb unzipped; MD5 = 0d72c94cd07282b884c9725fb208da12)
(MD5 = bffe93ce55a4440ef166d75f0fadfcfe)
The hardbound version has been announced
- SIL IPA fonts (Truetype and PS) (silip12a.zip (404kb,
MD5 = b5c0c0aab352ac9909809cfcb9b6d89b)
A (Lojban Reference Grammar) HTML to LaTeX Converter
(v0.2 Apr 15, 1997)
- A restricted HTML to LaTeX converter (htmlp.lua)
for the refgrammar (written in Lua)
- A linux ELF binary of the Lua
- A linux a.out binary of the
This program handles all the tags present in the HTML version of the Lojban Reference Grammar in a reasonable
Cross-reference tags <a name..>/<a href..> have been excluded as they don't seem significant
outside the HTML context.
cx, lx and ex tags are converted to separate index entries using index.sty.
Comment out the lines with '-- indexing' if you don't want the indices.
The SIL-IPA font stuff in Chapter 3 is converted to ipa.sty.
- This is NOT a general purpose HTML to LaTeX converter -- many common tags are missing, and some rules are based
on the actual structure of the LRG HTML.
- The conversion is not very polished but ought to require only minor hand-tuning.
Programmed by Veijo Vilva (email@example.com) as a Lua
The Lojban Home Page