[lojban-beginners] Re: Tao Te Ching

The best translation for the word "tao" is "way". The way that you can say is not the eternal way. I could be wrong, but I do not think the word "rinka" represents the proper translation of the word "tao".

From: Jens-Wolfhard Schicke <jens.schicke@hvf-bs.net>
To: lojban-beginners@chain.digitalkingdom.org
Subject: [lojban-beginners] Tao Te Ching
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 01:09:53 +0200

I decided it would certainly help my lojban if I tried to translate
something: So here is the first chapter of the TTC

- One
ni'o pa mai

- The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao.
.i le rinka poi le nu ke'a se ciksi kei cumki cu to'e vitno
- The name that can be named is not the eternal name.
.i le cmene poi le nu ke'a cmene fi da kei cumki cu to'e vitno
- The nameless is the beginning of heaven and Earth.
.i le se to'e cmene cu krasi lo tsani .e lo terdi
- The named is the mother of the ten thousand things.
.i le se cmene cu krasi ci'i dacti
- Ever desireless, one can see the mystery.
.i da na'e djica .inaja da lifri le cizra
- Ever desiring, one sees the manifestations.
.i da djica .inaja da lifri le dacti
- These two spring from the same source but differ in name; this appears as darkness. Darkness within darkness. .i li'i go'i du li'i go'e. .ije le cmene be le go'i cu frica le cmene be le sego'i .i na jimpe fi le si'o go'i
- The gate to all mystery.
.i ri vorme ci'i cizra

I put every sentence into the program on lojban.org and it parsed, but i
assume there are some semantical errors... so is anybody here fluent
enough in lojban to tell me where what I wrote is wrong or bad lojban?

   Jens